In this unit we look at how circuits work before looking at magnets and then how we can make magnets and electromagnets interact with each other.
The unit is split into 5 parts…
- In unit P3.1 we look at how charge flows around a circuit and how different components can resist the flow of charge.
- In unit P3.2 we look at the difference between series and parallel circuits.
- In unit P3.3 we look at how energy is transferred in a circuit.
- In unit P3.4 we look at what magnetic fields are and how we can create electromagnets.
- In unit P3.5 we look at how electric motors work.
Image courtesy of Svjo via Wikimedia Commons CC-BY-SA-3.0